Thursday, November 30, 2006

Have you faced these issues in ASP .Net 2.0

Last few years i had to stick to a one  big product in my company, Its a Business Intelligence tool called Cerebiz,  this is  currently running on Sri lanka, Pakistan and Australia.

So after the initial development and implementation, I have been adding new features and modifications to this BI tool, anyway I was asked to hold this product by the management for sometimes and had to work on a new  system as it is kind of urgent (web base Parking slot management system).

This is my first asp 2.0 assignment,  u know its always nice to get in touch with new stuff and fresh system.

So this what I came across -

  • You can not simply address a control in java script. I spend hours on this to find out. (I am using Master page) 
    document.getElementById('TextBoxEmpName').value

    you have to replace the above code line with..

    document.getElementById('<%=TextBoxEmpName.ClientID %>').value

    Thanks to MVP Rick I found that from his blog.
  • If you use GridView and  you have a  " Date " field column that you want to format it using  DataFormatString="{0:d}" , this won't happen unless you change the property HtmlEncode="false".
  • Actually this is not an issue, this is what my friend Sanjaya has found, for 24 hour display time column field you have to use formating string as DataFormatString="{0:HH:mm}".

No comments: